Total Pageviews

Monday 11 April 2016

The Tinder Era

We are officially in the "Tinder" era. Back in the day, it was MSN messenger for me. Then it developed into BBM. Then dating got fancy and introduced websites like POF and OK Cupid. Now, it's all about Tinder.



Prior to using Tinder, I often found it difficult to meet women in Kuwait and had to somehow rely on the natural way of meeting girls, which is through mutual friends or based on mere coincidences. Tinder has made it so easy for men and women to meet, socialize, have sex, whatever their goals are. That feeling when you get "It's a Match", it's like a bliss of euphoria! "Who could this person be?" Often, you end up being disappointed and just move on to the next match.

I have a success rate of almost 70% with getting a woman's phone number. But most of the time, it has ended up into nothing, or there have been some cases where I have been out on a date with the person, but somehow you just know it's not going to work out, so you stop pursuing it, or you just end up becoming friends. The kind of field I'm dealing with is fairly mixed. I've met some good women on Tinder, but most of them have trust issues and won't even give you a chance to meet them. For instance, there was one Lebanese/American mixed woman that I matched with. We had good chemistry, we vibed well, and I did the mistake of knowing everything about her on Watsapp and also telling her everything about me. But sooner than later, she became slow to reply to my text messages or from time to time she would flake out when I would ask her out for coffee/lunch. One thing I cannot stand is a "flaky" character, as I believe that it's similar to being a liar and not expressing your true feelings. Women whom I've spoken to complain about men being douchebags, players, or assholes, and I can only sympathize with them because no one deserves to be treated like dirt.

To be honest though, what Tinder has done is complicate the dating process even further. It's so easy to swipe left or right whenever you're bored, and keep your brain wired on different people. Loyalty doesn't exist anymore. I think the problem with Tinder in Kuwait though, from my perspective, is that women are generally afraid to go out for coffee or meet casually for a date. Second of all, dating in Kuwait is a complicated process where you can't really be yourself because it's not socially acceptable. If you vibe with someone, you should give them a chance and go out on a date. Don't be flaky, don't lie, don't talk to 10 different people at the same time. My 5 cents.


3 comments:

  1. I've never tried tinder but I expect a lot of insecure girls and long dragged out relationships that only end in blue balls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you're right on that too! I have a one week rule theory, if you can't grab a coffee or see them within one week, you're only wasting your time. But it's worth trying in general, there are some decent women on there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep it in mind for whenevers. A one week rule sounds reasonable.

    ReplyDelete